- Our Mission – “We are called by Jesus Christ to glorify God in worship through word and song, grow as disciples through study, engage in mission to the world, joyfully extend hospitality and fellowship to all and, with God’s help, to allow the Holy Spirit to work through us.”
- The Attic Sale – Every autumn the Presbyterian Women hold an attic sale at the church, generating tens of thousands of dollars for charity, and affording local residents the opportunity to find bargains of every type. Donations of salable items in good condition are accepted at the church beginning in June, and the PW will always welcome helping hands for sorting and pricing throughout the summer.
- Children & Youth – Both the Sunday School classes and the Youth Group participate in mission activities throughout the year, raising funds for Heifer International and other charities at their Advent Mission Fair, participating in Souper Bowl Sunday and other fundraising events; work for Midnight Run, trips to the Food Bank and preparation of special meals to raise funds for selected organizations and efforts. The Children’s offering also goes, annually, to the charity of their choice.
- Extending the Table – The first Sunday of every month is Communion Sunday at IPC, and after the service the pastor and members of the Board of Deacons bring Communion to members of the congregation who are house-bound or in hospital or a nursing home. The Deacons welcome volunteers to help with this effort. Please contact the Church office at 914-591-8124 to volunteer, or to request communion.
- Classes & Teaching – The Church’s Christian Education Committee is always looking for volunteers to teach Sunday School or Adult Education classes. If you enjoy teaching, or would like to give it a try, please contact our Director of Christian Education at email@example.com
Time, Talent & Committees