Opportunities to Give
- Overview At the Irvington Presbyterian Church we are called by Jesus Christ to glorify God through words, deeds and in every aspect of our daily living. Our Christian life begins with the recognition that everything in our lives comes from and belongs to God and has been given to us for the purpose of not only serving, but more importantly to glorify God as we seek to follow our lord. We believe that investing ourselves in Christ’s church through worship, work, fellowship and giving is critical to growing in discipleship and developing our faith. We are called by Jesus Christ to glorify God in worship through word, song & giving. We joyfully extend fellowship to all and, with God’s help, to allow the Holy Spirit to work through us.
- Annual Pledging
- Planned Giving
- Time & Talent We give because God has first given to us: life, health, loved ones & love. God even gave us his only son, Jesus Christ. All of these are gifts of God to use in serving him.
There is no limit to ways in which we can use your time and talent:
- Sundays offer simple but important ways to serve, you can be a greeter
- Assisting in communion preparation
- Help with coffee hour after service
And, of course, we have committees. In fact Presbyterians may have invented them!
-We have many committees of hard working people planning, organizing and supporting Worship, Christian Education, Music and Worship, Attic Sale, Mission, Outreach, Fellowship, among others. If you are interested, there is a place there for you. The opportunities abound. But more important still, as we give our time and talent, God works in and through us to give, not only to others, but to give back to us as well. Faith is strengthened in the act of giving.
- Gifts of Food & Clothing
- Attic Sale
2017 Attic Sale Dates & Times:
- Friday, September 15th from 9 am – 5 pm
- Saturday, September 16th from 9 am – 3 pm
- Items may be dropped off at the IPC auditorium starting Friday, June 16th.
- The church office is open Monday – Friday from 9 to 3.
- Appointments can be made for Saturday drop offs.
- Large item pick-up can be arranged
- Please call or email the IPC office for appointments or pick-ups
- (914) 591-8124 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tax deduction forms are available upon request
Volunteering: The attic sale is a tremendous effort that cannot be accomplished without the hard working summer volunteers (sorting and organizing) who are then joined by reinforcements in the beginning of September. We are most grateful to all the volunteers who make it possible. If you are interested in volunteering to assist with the attic sale please contact the IPC office at (914) 591-8124 or email@example.com.
2016 Attic Sale Donations: After each sale we are able to make both monetary and non-monetary donations to a wide variety of charities and organizations. (Click here to see the list)